Thursday, September 24, 2009

Post from a Reader - AZO short

I got this from a reader who purchased my business plan some time back. He took AZO short yesterday, 9/23. I added his notes, entry and exits points. Patience pays off, nice trade. I added the 15 minute chart as it set up there as well.

5 minute chart


15 minute chart- setup as well

(Double Click Picture for a Larger View)
.
Stock:AZO
Entry Bar: 15 (5 min)
Entry Green Line:
145.84 SHORT (see notes)
Stop Red Line: 146.6 (high of trigger bar 14)
Result:
.24 to 1.52
Setup Grade
: B+
Notes: This short had the resistance of the 5EMA the whole way. I sold short at 146.08 because it was jumping around all over the place and I thought I could get a better price (than 145.84) and I did, setting my limit order a little higher. I sold half my shares @ 1R, sold 1/4 @ 2R and just could not leave well enough alone and covered the other 1/4 @145.84.

* The setup grade is based on rules outlined in my business plan & not for the end result. Feel free to post any trades you made today that you would like commented on.

Learn to trade gaps

No comments:

Post a Comment